Pages

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Focus on the Feet


The focus for this class period was foreshortening. This was a very useful practice for me, and I feel that I got a lot better at it after the class period was through. This drawing may look just like another one of my regular drawings, but I took a different approach to this one. Instead of mapping everything out really quickly, I really put all my focus into getting the shapes of the figure exactly how I saw them, and this really helped my drawing to look like the real figure I was depicting. The feet, especially the one coming towards the viewer was especially hard for me to draw, and it took a few trys before I got it right, but this only taught me how to look even closer and find the negative spaces. I also concentrated on my line variety, giving the picture more depth as well.

No comments: