Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Week Four






This week we spent a lot of time working on drawings from the cranium without the features of the face. We had to do 5 views, some with value some with cross contour, and some with both. Value is definitely what comes natural to me when drawing, but for some reason I feel that my drawing with only cross contour is the most successful. I found that I was able to figure out a lot about the forms on the skull a lot better with the cross contour drawing. I have also been struggling with making my forms look more three dimensional, and I feel that my cross contour drawing looks the most three dimensional. That same drawing starts to resemble a brain, which I found really interesting. I definitely found the back view the most difficult to capture. I think it's hard when there isn't as much form to work from like the back view.

No comments: