Pages

Thursday, December 2, 2010

I have lost my camera which is why I haven't posted in so long, but I figured I will just write some words without pictures for now until I can find it. We just got done making the three portraits in class of our own classmates. This has by far been my favorite project in this class. It isn't very often that I get to draw people from life and for that extent of time. I REALLY enjoyed it! I have always had a love of drawing/painting people, but never pursued it very often since it is so hard to have models to sit for so long. I thought that drawing in small groups was extremely helpful as well. This allowed me to get extremely close up to the figure, as opposed to having the whole class look at one model. This helped me get details in the facial features, and also allowed for some new and interesting angles as well which is challenging, but also makes for a more interesting drawing. I have explored a lot with mark making in these drawings that made me step out of my comfort zone, but ended up turning out great. I also learned the importance of measuring AS I am drawing as opposed to afterwards, which made for a lot less corrections in the end, and overall less time to make the drawing as a whole.

No comments: