Pages

Thursday, December 9, 2010

These are my three portraits that I completed. I LOVED making these drawings, and learned so much while making them. Not only did I learn a lot about the feature of the face and upper body, but I really did learn and explore a lot of different drawing techniques. The first portrait I completed was of Leslie, the first vertical picture. This is probably my least developed drawing, which makes sense since it was my first attempt. The second portrait is of Missy, and is the last picture shown. This is my favorite portrait I completed. There was a lot of figuring out to do in this piece because I was at an awkward angle looking down at Missy. This made for a lot of erasing and re-drawing, but I think that gives the drawing a lot of life. I also used different mark making than I usually use, which brought life to the drawing as well. The final Portrait I completed is the horizontal picture. With this drawing the main thing I figured out was measuring. Since I measured BEFORE I put down a mark or a line, it took me a lot less time to finish this drawing, and I believe I achieved a likeness to the person I was drawing.



No comments: