Pages

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Figurative




These are my three 30 min drawings, the bottom is first one, top left is second, and top right is third. I actually prefer my first drawing over the other two. I think that I enjoy this one better because I had no rules to follow while drawing, I just drew the best I knew how. There are a lot of outlines in this picture, but I still prefer it over the other two. For me, having the no outline rule is extremely difficult. I guess it's hard for me to understand how to draw a figure without using outlines, and my attempts at this, in my opinion, were not well done at all. So incorporating the rules while drawing have made drawing a little frustrating for me, but hopefully it will get easier and make my drawings better in the long run.

One of the main things I learned in class that I could apply without getting frustrated was the making closer lines darker, and further lines lighter rule. As you can see in the top left drawing, the model's lower half is closer the viewer, and was made darker than the top portion of the body. Making the spinal lines also improve the drawings, as you can see in the same picture. It really gives dimension to the figure and helps with proportions.

No comments: