Pages

Wednesday, September 10, 2008



These two images I created in photoshop for a project in computer imagery. It was a pretty much open-ended project where we picked a theme and created images. I have a real passion for music, so the theme i chose was taking musical objects, and morphing them into the human body part used to play/use them. In the first image is a stereo speaker morphing into a human ear, and the second image is a tuba changing into a mouth. This was my first real attempt at an artistic approach to photoshop, and I had tons of fun with this project. I always enjoy when I can combine my other interests besides art into my artwork. It always makes it more personal to me, and pushes me even harder to create something I can be proud of.

3 comments:

Jerod H. said...

For a first attempt at an artistic work with Photoshop I think it's great. It can take a while to learn but the basic principles of the program aren't hard at all. =P

Whats your major?

steph said...

thanks! my major is currently graphic design, but I think I'm going to switch to just a studio major.

Jim Lucas said...

I agree with Jerod. Your work here in photoshop is very well done. I really like the idea with integrating instruments into the human body. I also really like the vibrant colors you used.