Pages

Wednesday, September 10, 2008


This image is from a project I did in 2-D design as a freshman. The project was to create a self portrait by using only words through the entire piece. The words I chose were: "Blink and you miss a beat, keep one of your eyes open at all times." These words are from an Incubus song, and I chose them for many reasons. I knew I wanted to choose Incubus lyrics because they are my favorite band, and have amazing lyrics in all of their songs. I chose this specific passage because the message is really interesting, and it also fit great with my overall image. The lyrics have to do with keeping one of your eyes open at all times, and this image puts a lot of the viewers focus on the eyes, almost blowing them out of proportion. This project has been one of my favorites since I've been at Stout. I love the combination of drawing, but in a crazy new way, along with being able to combine my favorite music into the mix really made this project special to me.

No comments: