Pages

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Blogging

Blogging is something completely new to me. I have never had a blog, or even looked at one before. I definitely like the idea of being able to put my work online. It makes it much easier than carrying our huge pieces of paper around to turn in at the end of the semester. Commenting on every one's blog is something I have been slacking to do, and I think most people have because I don't have many comments on my posts either. I'm not sure how I feel about having to comment on everyone else's work. I think that having the commenting as an assignment often feels forced, and we are just searching for something to say since we have to comment on something. I like the idea of having the commenting as an option, but if we are told we have to comment, I'm not sure how effective the comments will really be in the end. For me personally, it is difficult to comment on other people's work when I am struggling with my own work at the same time. It is difficult to have to worry about my own work, and then on top of it worry about critiquing other classmates' work as well. I do enjoy being able to look at everyone else's work in the class, it helps give us as students a suggestion of where we are in the class compared to everyone else.

1 comment:

Amy Fichter [xenia elizabeth] said...

thanks for these comments, Steph. It's a lot to figure out how to use blogs in a class. I think they have huge potential, but I have a lot to figure out in terms of getting students to interact with commenting/responding more.